Spicy Restaurant Style Egg Masala
This amazingly flavored easy to prepare egg masala is your lift-me-up for those boring days when you open your fridge and all you see is left over rice and daal from yesterday. It goes extremely well with rotis, neer dosa, appam and pretty much everything else!
Grab These (16)
For the masala paste
- Tomatoes - 3 large
- Onion - 2 large
- Garlic - 16 pods
- Ginger - 1.5 inch
- Dhaniya/Coriander leaves - a handful
- Pudina/Mint leaves - half a handful
- Soaked cashew nuts - 2 (optional)
- Red Chilly powder - 1.5 tsp
- Pepper powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1.5 tsp
- Garam masala - 1 tsp
- Coriander and Cumin powder - 1 tsp
- Kasuri methi - 1 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Eggs - 10
- Oil (4 tbsp) + Ghee (1 tbsp)
Magic Begins Here
Boil the eggs
for 11 minutes - Peel them and keep aside
- Heat a
. Add oil + ghee and roast the 3/4th of the chopped onions. Once its translucent, add chopped tomatoes and garlic. Keep stirring till tomatoes turn soggy and onions turn slightly brown. Transfer this to a
along with the other ingredients listed under ‘For the masala paste’ and grind to a smooth paste.
- In the same kadai add remaining oil and onion pieces. Once slightly brown, add the ground paste and stir continuously for 5 mins and cover lid for another 5 mins. Now add all the dry masala powders and stir thoroughly and keep it covered for 10 mins on a low flame. Do this until the oil leaves the sides of the pan.
- Add the boiled eggs into the masala. Switch off stove and garnish with chopped coriander leaves!